Monday, August 27, 2012

New Blog, New school year,

Background info-

I was sick of my old blog. That thing started way back during the end of my junior high years. And now, I'm in my last year of college.
Definitely time for an update, I'd say.

So, If everyone could go here, and help me say a final last good bye to my old friend, that'd be great.

Also, if you follow my old blog, you can now follow this one. Or if you never followed my last one, you can still follow. I don't discriminate here.

So, I'm just going to tell you real quick-like how my first day of my last year of college went-

Color 1. In this class I discovered all over again how winded my professor is. Normally first day of classes in studio classes are about 30-45 minutes long. My professor, he's a real champion, went about 2 I think.

So then I had a few hours to do things like, wander, visit the student center, stand in line at the book store to buy a planner, wanted to buy a game day shirt but the line was ridiculously long so I vetoed that idea, wandered past a long line for free Aggie ice cream, ran into Andrew, walked with lauren back to the art building, wandered past the old photo lab, and then I stayed there.

Update on the photo lab- It is strange. there's this giant gray room build within the room with a drive-thru like window.

There's a sign on it that says "Welcome to the McPhotolab drive-thru". That's not a joke. I'll take a picture some time. {Because I'm sure you're dying and on the edge of your seat to see it.}

So that was new.

So then I had 19th century photographic processes. And you know what? This same professor out did himself and talked for 2.5 hours of the 3 hour time. Gold medal. Okay, so it wasn't really that bad. I just don't expect that length on syllabus days.

Also, if you were wondering why I'm buying a shot glass, respirator, 10 liters of pop, and goggles... It'd be for my photo classes. Don't even worry, we do dangerous and crazy things in those classes.

So I came home and decided that my major is far too expensive. I cannot believe a roll of slide film is 11 dollars. That's more than an hours pay of work! Robbery I tell ya!

Well, because I'm slightly domestic I then made a peach cake.
partly because I wanted to use my grandma Dickerson's peaches, and partly because It was Glen's half birthday. It was a win win. I got my peach cake, and he got the other half! You can see that he was pretty stoked about this. And surprised I think.

So, I'm not sure if it's just me, but I looked at this picture
and thought he had earrings in for some reason.
For the record, he does not. Just in case you
were wondering. Weird glare or light, I guess.
Also, Note his roommate, Taylor, posing for the picture as well.
Also, raise your hand if you actually know when your half birthday is. Shockingly, very few people seem to know when their's is. I don't get it. If you can only celebrate 5 holidays, you should choose- Christmas, your birthday, thanksgiving, valentines day, and your half birthday {and maybe 4th of July too because it's the world's chillest holiday. Minus columbus day, which is not even a real holiday in my opinion}. Seriously. Half birthdays are the best thing since sliced bread.

well after I took that lovely picture, We played volleyball on some sand. Because Glen lives in the rich kids apartments where there's a pool, hot tub, beach volleyball, free laundry, and free utilities, etc. {which the list keeps going if you ask him} So that was fun. Especially when the sun was in my little eyes and they started to water from starring at it too long.

I've decided I once was a lot better at that game than I am now. I can still serve, but my passes are as consistent as Obama's promises. {sorry if I offended anyone.}

So then I cam back to my humble, no pool, no hot tub, no volleyball, no free laundry, apartment and BAM! We just got cooler, we are now a microwaved apartment. May we now eat top romen and warm up leftovers! Thank you Allison's parents!

Today is my grandpa Cobb's 80th birthday!!! 4/5 of the way to 100! That's going to be one rockin' party when that happens though. He was even called to be in the bishopric yesterday! Crazy, I tell you. He's an amazing man. The first example to me in my life of how a real man acts, speaks, and is like. First son will be named James, after him. LOVE YOU GRAMPY!

So then after some convincing, I talked my roomies into going to FHE. It was a luau. So naturally we ate taco salad at it. Perfect for the theme, right? And then we "peaced out" when at the dance afterwards they started playing weird techno music from the 60's. Which made sense because the DJ was in his sixties.

But it was fun. I'm making an effort to be social this year. It's working out really well.... I swear, this whole making new friends and meeting new people is really hard when your best friend isn't with you anymore. She was always really good at that. Not I. I made a goal though to be more active in ward activities this year. Even though this year is going to be busier, school-wise.

And then Allison, Natalie, {and Glen for 1 song} played just dance.

So that was my first day.

pretty rad, right?


And, this video just made my day.

Who's going to be getting the iPhone 5??

I already own one similar.






4 comments:

  1. So I need a favor...I can't read it! Could you maybe pick a different font??? Because I want to read it. Please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. weird. It's not supposed to be that font. It must have changed. I'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read it. But there are spaces in the lines that make the words. Is it just my computer???? #frustrated

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't see it on mine. one time when I pulled it up it was weird, but that's the only time.....

    ReplyDelete