Monday, June 2, 2014

My best friend is 22!

I don't write on my blog very often, but Betsy's birthday always seems to make it. (Also, happy half birthday mom!) I've known her for a decade and we've been best friends for 7+. Most people use the term best friend loosely for a lot of different people but I only use this term for Betsy. Even though she's married and we live in different parts of the state I know that I can always count on her for a good conversation, a new perspective, a good laugh, someone to cry to, and always a math joke. I miss the days of being roommates where she launched herself on top of me while I was in bed, where'd she draw me up a flow chart of what to do when I talked to the boy I liked, when she'd do my make up awfully and make me go out in public with it, when she'd play with my hair in exchange for a back rub, snuggling with a blanket while watching She's the Man, Screaming till we were horse at Aggie Athletic events, going on trips to DC/california/oregon/washington and 7 other states together, and just talking and being ourselves. We often joke about how we are even friends because we don't really have anything at all in common. Like if you ask us we can't really name many substantial things. But through everything I think that she understands me in a way that no one else does. She's helped me become the woman I am today, helped me stay out of the bad trouble but helped me be brave enough to get into the good kind. She's basically my sister and someday our children are going to marry each other so we can be best friends for eternity. Happy Birthday Betsy! You're seriously the best friend anyone could ever have. I can't wait to see what adventures the rest of forever take us on together.

I don't think that anything describes what this girl has meant to me or how large of an impact she's had on me quite like the nearly 1000 pictures we have together on facebook. Here are a few of them.

Also, here is my post for her birthday from when I was in Europe. I still love looking at it.

her wedding day, I can't believe it's been almost 2 years!

After I did her hair for her wedding

Christmas tree hunting

double dates.

my 21st mocktail birthday party.

Aggie games

ice skating

reading outside

I'm a pro at being the 3rd wheel.

80's workout video...

dc

high school football games

taking a limo to SLC

HS dances

Crazy pictures


star gazing

random pictures

sr sluff day.

high school graduation

beach in washington

pretending to need a bib for BBQ

seafood restaurant in Seattle

tubing the river

our first day of college

80's dance at usu

cleaning the sink at angies

finals week (I think)

airplanes.

I don't even know.

pumpkin carving

making tetras pieces as Halloween costumes. 

rolling in snow in our swimsuits.

miss america parties

skiing 

parking lot sunbathing in the winter in logan.

we are karaoke stars. ask anyone.

making it on ESPN

the price is right

sledding on cookie sheets. #poorcollegekids

beach in LA

car breaking down in LA

dying her hair.

on her 20th birthday 

color dances

ugly seater making and pictures.

dying a strand of my hair purple... 

color festival

dark date

sparkler pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I miss you two!!! WITH ALL MY HEART! Happiest of birthdays to Betsy of course.. I am coming home for a little this summer and just pray I'll have a moment to say hi to you guys! I miss you both oodles and love you bunches! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete