Sunday, March 31, 2013

3 years ago.

3 years ago today, I found out I had been accepted as an art major at USU.
I didn't think I'd get accepted, being as I was a senior in high school still. Applying to be an art major was the first step in accomplishing my dream of being a pro photographer. I now have less than 5 weeks 'till I'll get a diploma with my name on it saying I've graduated with my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography.

Where in the world did time go?

I have a little advice for you though. Don't hurry through college. Take 8 years to graduate like some people do. I wish I had 1 more year in the photography program to just perfect my skills and style more. So don't be jealous I'm graduating. I'm jealous of you if you still have another year.

Don't get me wrong. I feel extremely grateful for my journey here. I also feel very blessed that I knew exactly what I wanted to major in and that I never had a change of heart. I loved photography back when I applied but never could have imagined how much it'd grow into something I'm so passionate about.

Yesterday I spent more than 12 hours at the lab. Although this was a little depressing since it was Saturday, I loved it! I'm pretty sure the 6 shoots I did in the last week for my BFA show are the best I've ever done. I love the studio! It makes me so sad that in 5 weeks I'll no longer have a studio I can use whenever I need or want to and the darkrooms as well. It's such a big part of my life. I don't exactly know what I'm going to fill in the gaps with after I graduate either.

One day, I'm going to have both a studio and a darkroom. As an addition on to my house. For sure.

Anyway, Happy Easter. Remember to remember Him. Especially today. He has a great influence on my life and helps me everyday. I love him.

Have a great week and who wants to model for me?

p.s. Don't ask me to boil an egg for you. It might turn out looking as bad as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment