Friday, April 5, 2013

I have an honorary black belt in being awkward.

Hey. I just wanted to let you know that I recently received a black belt in awkwardness. It was a long time coming. I have been through most of the colors but I just realized that it's probably black now.

Sometimes I just feel like I don't even know what normal is. Lately I've been so stressed and busy and sleep deprived that my body and mind just do weird things and I'm pretty sure that it's awkward. But you know, whatever.

Example, I'm moving to provo {very mixed feelings about this} for at least the summer. But I really {no offense} don't want to live with all the 18 and 19 year olds especially. I'm graduating, and entering the realms of the awkward {naturally}, un-married, yet graduated, real adult world. Therefore, I'd like to live with and around other people who are in the same boat. My dad used to be in the high council of a BYU stake where this is the exact life position lots of people were in. So, he emailed the bishop to get the RS president's number so I can ask her if she knew if anyone was selling contracts for the summer. Ya know, because I don't know where anything is in provo, it's similar to a foreign country. So I got this girl's number and texted her this long text, because I'm not a woman of few words, about how it's not awkward to text a random person about your random problems and ask for help and such and then asked her a few questions. Well a few minutes later I get the nicest text from this number telling me I have the wrong number. And they were seriously so nice. And I thought to myself while turning a little pink in my face, "Well, luckily they don't know who I am so its not even awkward. Dodged a bullet on that one!"..... 'till I realized I'd put my first and last name in the text. So this mystery person probably Facebook stalked me to put a face with the weird texter. Sometimes I'm brilliant. So I went back and checked the number and I'd totally dislex-ified the entire thing. And I'm not even dyslexic.


Maybe I should think of it as a talent. Ya know, don't hide your talent, but practice them sort of thing. I am pretty good at it...

I have many more from the past week, but they're too embarrassing to talk about. Sometimes I think that they're just going to be the greatest bed time stories for my children one day. Every night they'll say, "mommy, mommy! tell me another one of your stories when you did awkward things!" And I'll be like, "Which one should I choose tonight?" Perfect.


But speaking of children, you should read this. It is pretty much really cute.
It's not awkward, but instead it's tender.

**I just wanted to clarify that I don't write about my awkward stories to make you think I'm more awkward, but instead to let you know that I know I'm awkward sometimes but don't choose to be, and that it's something I'm working on. Also, sometimes it's really great for inducing ab-working laughter. I mean, after it's over and all.

Also, I haven't made a new cupcake recipe in almost a month. This is a serious misfortune in both yours and my life. Maybe I'll try to work on that. But don't hold your breath. Too many end of senior year projects to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment