Saturday, February 16, 2013

In Which I Celebrate Valentines Day. {and the story of the beard in a bag that Katie smelt}

So I slaved in the kitchen for at least 10 hours making this thing. Completely from scratch, 4 tiered cakes are time suckers. But it was fun. 


I went over to Lauren & Katie's house and we made Heart shaped pizza.
Pictured below- Katie in her homemade heart sweater.

 this is super tender. everyone is so happy I had to turn it to Black and White.



All the single ladies. 

Lauren grabbed a few that I'm in too. 

I feel like the center of attention here. 

we're all awesome.

Beth made a cherry dessert. We were really into the red theme.

Question- how many TBLS of red food coloring do you think i used in the red velvet cake?

love this gal. I'm so glad Lauren and I are friends. I think it's been like 5 years now?


note- Katie making a heart over her face.





lauren thought that it was my wedding and photographed me cutting my cake from literally every angle. 




how cool is that?? I can't even believe it actually worked!



Okay during dinner we all shared our worst date experience and the funny part was almost everyone's was a blind date and they thought the guy was gay by the end of the date. haha. I didn't realize how many people actually have this experience! One of my friends this has happened to like 4 times! 
 I told my story about my blind date with a kid named "chief" I still think mine is the worst....


We went and saw "Safe Haven" and there were so many people there! I was surprised as to how many girls were there like our group. 
It was an intense movie. I still am not entirely sure how I felt about it. Pretty cute, but probably not my favorite Nicholas Sparks movie. Although maybe it was because Josh Duhamel was in it. 
Oh, and their first kiss was super hot. Like way hot. It's definitely going on my list of favorite movie kisses. It may even beat my favorite kiss in a movie {The prince and me, in the library} I'd probably watch it again just to see that kiss again. serious.
I wonder if I can find it on youtube.... 
nope. not yet. I'll keep checking back though. 

So the best part of the entire night was after the movie when we were about to leave Lauren's apartment. Somehow, Katie got this guy in the art department's beard. Like he put it in a plastic bag and she stole it from his desk? Something like that. So she has this NASTAY beard in a bag and Beth wanted to see it. {I saw it like 5 days ago when she chucked it at me} and so beth is quite literally laughing harder than I've ever seen her laugh and trying to get a picture of the beard in a bag with Katie holding it. I was laughing, still kinda grossed out by the nastyness of it. But then theee very best part of the whole thing was when katie said, "I wonder what it smells like!" 
If I had a video of the next 3 minutes of what went down after she said this, I'd be the winner on AFV. The face she made and shortness of breathe that came caused beth and I to quite literally almost pee our pants and throw up simultaneously from laughing so hard and being so grossed out by smell Katie was smelling. Then she tried to make us smell it, which we most certainly did not.

So, I'm not friends on Facebook with this guy, but he's pretty well known in the art department and so I facebook stalked him and have a picture for you to reference of his beard before he shaved it off. 
I don't know him personally, but every time I've been around him he seems hilarious.



you're welcome.

So Valentines day was a pretty big success this year. 

OH, and if any of you are shaving your beards off, Katie is accepting donations.

ANSW-8. 8 TBLS of red food coloring. 

1 comment: