Friday, February 1, 2013

A delicious recipe

I Have this goal to try and make 2 new kinds of cupcakes a month. Because I like making them. I'm trying homemade cake batter recipes too.

so here's the one I made last night-



Pink Lemonade Cupcakes.

You can either add 3-4 Tbls of pink lemonade drink powder and 1 tsp lemon zest to a normal white cake mix and follow directions on the box, or make it from scratch like I did.

1 1/2 c. self rising flour
1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
2 sticks of butter, room temp
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 c. milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
3-5 Tbls of dry pink lemonade powder
1 tsp lemon zest

Oven- 350 (I baked mine at 325 because my oven is of the evil sorts.)


Directions-

combine flours in a smallish bowl.

In a large bowl, mix the butter for a minute or two 'till smooth. Add the sugar and beat till it's fluffy {another minute or two} add the eggs. beat well again. Add in the flour alternating with the milk and vanilla. Don't over beat this time.  Add dry pink lemonade powder Scoop into the cupcake tin.

Bake 13-17 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

On for the frosting. {the best stuff!}

1 pound {or more. I used about 3/4 of a bag}
1 stick of butter
1/3 cup of shortening
4-8 Tbls of thawed pink lemonade concentrate.
1 tsp vanilla.

Directions-
mix butter and shortening together for like 3 minutes.
add in pink lemonade, vanilla, and concentrate a little at a time.
mix for a long time 'till really fluffy.

You'll have to try it.


No comments:

Post a Comment