Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012- A year of firsts

Looking back now on 2012 I think I will remember it as the year of firsts. I did SO much this year that I had dreamt of doing for so long. So many things this year that I had made a goal of doing and I accomplished them. As much as I loved this year, It was definitely a hard one too.

2012 was a learning year. A growing year. A faith building year. A risk taking year. A prayerful year. A growing up year. 

  • First baby niece born
  • First time going to a different continent
  • First time in Europe
  • First time parasailing
  • first time away from all of my family for more than a few weeks.
  • First kiss
  • First time I truly fell in love
  • First real heartbreak
  • First time I sincerely and strongly relied on Heavenly Father to know what was best for me when I didn't want to go the way he wanted me to go.
  • First time being in my twenties
  • First wedding of a close friend. {And my best best friend at that}
  • First time I hated my major
  • First time in college living without Betsy
  • First time watching an entire season of a TV show in less than 24 hours.
  • First all-nighter
  • First time watching a baby for 2 consecutive nights.
  • First time riding a donkey
  • First photograph on an advertisement.
  • First time handing out a Book of Mormon.
  • First time being able to vote in a presidential election
  • First time checking off more than 3 bucket list items in one year (11 new bucket list items checked off this year!)
  • first D on a test
  • First F on a test
  • First time in years that I made my bank account go down to under 10 dollars.
  • First time enjoying an art history class. 
  • First time (since I started writing everyday in my journal in 9th grade) writing only 1 sentence for a day in my journal. I did this 3 times. :/
I hope 2013 will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment