Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Suicide Printing is fun

Okay, so normally I don't post a bajillion pictures for a single post on here these days, but I'm kinda a really big fan of my suicide print!

My favorite process of printmaking was woodcut and the suicide print was terrifying to me, but I adore it now!

First- you carve out all the places that you want to be white at the end-
done carving out my whites.


half way done. I was giving my hand a rest at this point


this is how you ink.


then you ink your first layer. I chose yellow.
you have to print everything you want all at the same time. 

close up of the yellow.

then you carve away everything you want to stay yellow
and ink your second color. Red.

then you print those. half way done

look how cool!

then you carve out everything you want to stay red and ink with a new color..
this is when everything was carved out but the line strung with flags that I wanted black.
and here are some of the prints. I love how unique and individual they all are! 







Anyways, sorry if that was the world's boring est post.


Here are my end of semester stats-


Classes-0
finals-1
Portfolios to turn in-1
Days 'till I get to see Gemma {and the rest of my family}- 3
episodes of How I met your mother to watch-12




1 comment: