Thursday, November 22, 2012

And this is why I'm thankful for my family

If you haven't ever met my family you're kind of missing out.
We're not very boring. My house is one that gives you good abs from laughing.

Gemma is a delight. You should see her with baby dolls. They're like her best friend. You say Gemma! and she'll look at you and if you're holding a doll, she'll speed crawl to you, grab the doll, and then give it the world's larges open mouth slobber kiss. I'm fairly certain there are few things in this world cuter than this.
my bangs look weird, but Gemma
 looks cute so it makes up for it.
Also, I can't believe how much she looks like Ash did as a baby. Her hair is getting longer and more curly and she looks like she came right out of pictures I've seen of Ash as a baby.

Quinton is still just as strange as usual. Here are some examples-

He goes to try my new coat on {naturally he's shirtless} and I told him he had to put a shirt on first. He said, "I showered yesterday and it's not like my armpit hairs shed that much."  To say the least, he didn't try my coat on.

"Quinton will you pass the honey butter?"-me.  "Right after I kiss you I will!" This happens at least 10 times an hour.

"If there was a giraffe walking down the street would you a-feed him your earrings. b- give him a kiss on the lips. c-call a boy to come rescue you. or D-call ashleigh to give him a ride to the zoo." -Quinton  
{why? Not a clue. I've never seen a Giraffe in the neighborhood.}

Sometimes we have dance parties in the kitchen while cleaning up that usually include more dancing and off key singing than it does cleaning. Especially when 1 direction and the killers are playing.

Kandi, our dog, is scared of Gemma.

Gemma loves Kandi and feeling her fur.

Gemma loves Gangnam Style. I don't think I've ever seen something as hilarious as her watching and dancing and laughing to the music video. She's hypnotized by it. Is she part Korean? Not that I know of.

"Do you wanna feel my six pack?" -Quinton

"Mom, Emilie wishes her boyfriend was hot like me." -Quinton
"I don't even wish I had a boyfriend!" -Emilie
"Okay, fine, Brianna wishes her boyfriend was hot like me." -Q
"Brianna just wishes she had a boyfriend" -E.
thanks siblings.
yes, he does have a winter coat
on with shorts and flip flops.

"Do you want to take a picture of my football pants tan line?"-Quinton


"You are never feeding her macaroni and cheese, hot chocolate, and popcorn again. She threw up last night!" -Ash. (talking about my 9 year old niece Caitlin. I feel like that combination is just fine. Plus, she was the one that wanted that stuff, I was just being the cool aunt......)

"Why are you watching football on mute?"-me
"'cause if mom knows I'm watching football she'll make me help her cook something instead." -Quinton


"Oh no!!! I sent my library book back and it had my math homework and science fair project in it!" -Emilie.

"I've never had a turkey have such a weak back bone!" -Dad. (he had serious issues getting the turkey out of the oven. It kind of broke in half. haha)

It was a low key thanksgiving this year. But that's completely fine. Low key= low stress = way more fun.

And I most certainly love my family.


Also, I made homemade cranberry sauce! YUM!

I'm going to eat pie now. Good luck Black Friday shopping to you!

I'll post my letter to santa tomorrow. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment