Tuesday, November 27, 2012

So maybe I just got a teeny bit too excited....

So as you know, I'm in college. (surprise! :P)

Well, I just counted how many days left and here are my annual semester stats.

Tests-1
Quizzes-2
Final portfolios-2
Group project presentations-1
printmaking prints- 1 suicide woodcut. {that's literally what it's called..... I started today... wish me luck}
class days- 6!!!!
photo shoots- 2 (crosses fingers that's all)
Rolls of film to develop- 5-6
Scantrons to buy-2
Blue books to buy-1
prints to develop- not a clue
men I have to find to go to the institute dance with me- 1 (.....?)

Alright, so I'm kind of excited. Hardest semester I've had so far, but to be honest, the finals week this semester is looking rather easy compared to the midterm shenanigans.

Also, did you know that shenanigans is a real word!!?

I'm just praying I pass Space exploration. In class today my professor, who's pretty neat, said that our last class is next tuesday where we will have our final. which means no class next thursday or during finals week. And I kind of showed my excitement a teeny bit to openly..... It's fine.

So after all this excitement with the end of semester I thought about Christmas break.

And realized that maybe I'm not all that excited.

I will be working (hopefully a lot 'cause I kinda need some money these days....)
Every time I go back to work at Harmons, I get more grateful that one day I will never have to do this job again. It's not a bad or hard job, it's just.... Not at all what I would want to do with the rest of my life. I believe in high school jobs, they help motivate kids to get an education.

I will be studying for the hardest and longest and most expensive test of my life. Like at least 2 hours every day. Which basically sounds like the worst thing I can think of to be doing with my time on a "break" from school.

I will not be going to my ward in Logan. :'(. You guys, I adore my ward. My most favorite ward I've been in. Except maybe my ward in washington. I still love those people so dang much. I just love the bishopric and the girls in relief society, and family home evening, and ward activities and just going to church. I just love church. Especially in my ward here. It's lovely.

My bed in logan. It's so comfy and fluffy and full of memory foam mattress cover goodness and warm electric blanket bliss. My bed at home doesn't come close anymore. Maybe I'll try and transport it home?

So, pretty much this break is not going to be like most. I don't have a single fun thing planned for this break. {except hopefully my grandparents will be coming from washington!)

I will now put my plug in for them coming-

PLEASE COME GRANDMA AND GRANDPA!! If you don't come it will be the first time in the history of my nearly 21 years that I haven't seen you for 2 christmases IN A ROW! This would be a tragedy. And your grandkids {who ALL live in Utah} will be severely saddened by this.

If anyone has something planned for new years eve, I'd sincerely love to know. Because I don't want to be lame this year like the last 2.

Random tidbit from my life- I've decided that I will be going into the fancy pants paper making business. I'm pretty sure I've paid far too much for all my paper for 19th century and for print making this semester. 1 sheet of mulberry rice paper for printing wood cuts in printmaking is nearly 8 dollars. 8 dollars! That's like 3 rolls of color film! I paid over 20 dollars today for 3 sheets of paper for that class. I really wanted to just print on computer paper but that was frowned upon. I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost even close to even 1 dollar to produce a piece of paper. Rip. Off.

Well, space exploration class is now over. which means my blog post will end because I have something more interesting to do. Like go to the photo lab.

It's my 5/6 birthday today. So maybe I'll make a good dinner tonight of a turkey sandwich and chocolate milk.

Happy end of semester, ya'll.

maybe I'll post some pictures from some of my projects this semester next week sometime.






No comments:

Post a Comment