Saturday, November 3, 2012

I have so much to be grateful for.


I'm pretty sure that when I look back at my college years in the future, I will think of Fall 2012 to be the hardest. 

But, with that being said, I know with out a doubt that I'll probably look at it as the one I saw the hand of the Lord in everything I accomplished as well. 

There are just some things that happen in my life that there's no explanation other than it was the Lord helping me out and making up for all of the ways I fall short. 
I will give you a few that have happened really recently.

I tell you the following not because I want to tell you how great I am, but to sincerely give thanks for the many little {and big} things that I feel humbled for in the last 2 weeks. 

  • I tested into stats 2300. This is a story. One that I won't bore you with but I haven't taken a math class since 2008. There's no way that I should have actually been able to take this class next semester. There is not an ounce of doubt in my mind that the reason this is happening is because I'm being watched out for. I don't need it to graduate, I need it to apply for something I'm working on.
  • {remember that art history test my last post was about?} I got 100% on the test. After the curve, but still. This doesn't happen. I studied my brains out for that test and I don't think I've ever taken a test where I've remembered the material so easily. Prayers before tests work. 
  • I didn't have time to read my chapters of a textbook for a class on wednesday and we have quizzes on them every week. My professor said, "get out a half sheet of paper. Write your name and Halloween quiz on the sheet and pass it up." This for sure should not have happened. I didn't prepare at all and I was still being looked out for. This right here strengthened my testimony even more of making time to read scriptures. at Midnight on tuesday night, I made a decision, partly due to not wanting to read that not fun text book, partly because I was too tired to read it, and partly because I didn't have time for both, to choose to read a few minutes in the Book of Mormon. you guys, read your scriptures. You won't have quizzes if you do. :P
  • I took an hour and a half nap. Ask me when the last time this has happened. I don't have time for naps. And I had time this week. If this isn't a Christmas miracle, I do not know what is.
  • I got an A on my paper in space exploration. I've been getting C's and D's on everything in that class this semester. 
  • My class schedule for next semester fits together like a puzzle. yes I have class from 9am-6:45 with only fifteen minute breaks in between each class on Tuesday and Thursday, but, ask me if I have classes on Monday Wednesday or Friday! In all the semesters of school, Not once have i had a schedule work out perfectly. or even close to perfectly. I got really excited about my schedule for next semester when I looked up classes online that I quite literally blurted out in the photo lab, "The church is true!". {not kidding you} 
  • I finally feel like I fit in, in my major. I've finally made friends that I truly and genuinely love and am so grateful for. I felt like a real loner sometimes the last couple years in the department. It's hard for me to explain how much I'd been hoping this would happen. I am so much happier being with other people than I am by myself. I'm kind of boring all by myself.
  • I got a calling in my ward. One that I'll actually get to be useful in. Every calling in college I've had I never really could do anything because they were just callings for sake of making sure everyone had one. But, i'm happy to say that I get to teach relief society! Let's be honest, as much as I make fun of the stereotype of YSA relief society lessons, I'm pretty darn sure that I've known my whole life I'm destined to do stuff in relief society. I kind of love being a women in this church. It fits me perfectly. it's the bomb! I feel grateful to have this calling and the opportunity to learn more about the church. 
  •  I got to spend a lot of time this week with my best friend, just us. several hours of this was her teaching me for the math placement test, but a few hours were just us talking, painting our nails, and catching up. I have not had any 1 on 1 Betsy time since she got married in July. I don't think she knows how much I needed that this week. She's the all-time best. 
  • I got to go to the temple this morning. I'm in love with that place. I can't wait for the day I get to do everything there. 

Well, I'm going to bed. I'll add one more thing I'm grateful for:

I get to sleep in tomorrow. And this is a dream come true. 

Sorry I don't update this thing even a fraction of what I used to. My priorities have had to change a lot lately. It's a good thing.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment