Saturday, September 15, 2012

Aunt- the best title I've ever had.

So yesterday was a great day. 
On thursday night I slept on Ash's couch because I was going to start watching Gemma at 7:30 in the morning. The night before {wednesday night} Ash said Gemma and her didn't get much sleep so when Gemma woke up crying at 1 am, I took her out of her crib and put her back to sleep. 
The look on her face when I took her out of her crib was priceless. It was a really confused look because she knew I was not her mom and I don't think anyone but nathan or ashleigh have gotten her out of her crib in the middle of the night. But she was fine cuddling with me too. 
So after she went back to bed, I slept for a few more hours till 6:40 when she decided she was done sleeping for the day. I also got Caitlin up and ready so Ash could sleep in a little bit. It was great and I liked it, even though I was really tired. 
So thus began our day. 
Well, Gemma is staaaaaarving when she wakes up. So she guzzled her bottle and then we played for a while. 
At around 9 we decided we needed a nap. So we slept till 11:30. 
At this point she wanted to eat again and then I decided it was probably time to change out of our PJs. 
I was looking in gemma's massive amounts of clothes to find my favorite outfit and as soon as I saw the onsie I bought her, I put it on her and found some pants that semi-matched. {the child needs jeans} 
I had to go to walmart to get a gallon of vinegar, 2 gallons of distilled water, and 2 big bottles of hydrogen peroxide. {for a photo class}
I never realized what a babe magnet Gemma would be. She was sitting in the cart and her onsie read I love my aunt and everyone just assumed I was her aunt! it was great. 

3 guys in their 20's came and talked to me and to Gemma! {what???} It kind of rocked! And everyone keeps saying "Oh, she's so beautiful!" and other such things. It made me a proud aunt. :D 
We stopped at arby's and got curly fries, brought them home, and then we ate them. Gemma loved sucking on them till they were grossly soggy. Pretty much I'm the favorite. 

 
She also had some rice cereal. Most of it ended up on her bib though. 
We played for a few hours after that and then she took another nap. 
Ash came home from work and I got to shower! woohoo! 
Ash and Nathan and i and Gemma went to dinner and I let her play in some ice water.

 She was so funny with it. She was grunting at it like she didn't know what to do about her hands being so cold. It was funny. She kept looking at Ashleigh like "i know I'm not supposed to do this but Aunt bri says it's okay!" it was great. haha.
Then we played while watching "The Lucky one" and Ash made Gemma go to bed {even though she didn't want to cause we were having so much fun} and she didn't get up till 10:50 this morning!

Days with your aunt are exhausting days! :D We have fun together. :)

It was a tiring day! but it was so great! I don't know if I could do that everyday, but it's definitely good every once in a while. 

Not ready to be a mom, but being an Aunt is the best title I've ever had! 

No comments:

Post a Comment