Thursday, September 6, 2012

Some awkward stories and cool photo pictures.

I'm so good at awkward.

If being in awkward situations/ doing awkward things was an olympic sport, I'd probably be a silver medalist. {I like to think there's someone else more awkward than me}

for instance-

On monday, I was driving to the bishop's house for FHE and there was a bird on a beaver in the middle of the road. So naturally I honked at them to leave so they wouldn't die. So the bird flew away and the beaver just stayed there. So I honked again and then my roommates said, "why are you honking, it's dead?"
So, I was at a complete stop in the middle of a road honking at a dead animal to move.... and there was a truck behind me who probably got a big kick out of my misfortune.
And then I decided it was weird that there was a dead beaver in the middle of a road. And after looking for the seconds I was at a complete stop while honking, I decided it was a rooster or chicken. Probably a rooster. And my one roommate thought it was a cat.
Regardless, I honked at a dead animal in the middle of the street. I would do that.


Next instance. So there's this song by a famous youtube video guy {that will remain nameless as I don't want anyone to go youtube this song and be corrupted like me} that I'd heard this song via my roommate's iPod. Well, this song is catchy tune and easily gets stuck in my head. So I was singing it in the photo lounge {yes, we photo kiddos have a lounge now!!!} and So when I told them what I was singing, i naturally wanted to play it for them. So I YouTubed it and when they {i wasn't watching} were watching the video, apparently the song becomes inappropriate when played to what's going on in the video. And then they decided it'd be a prime time to educate me on things that I definitely did not need to/ want to know. You guys, it was awkward.
And this song doesn't even seem bad!! Why do people have to put meanings on words that mean something harmless to begin with to be gross stuff??? It just makes poor old street dumb Brianna even more awkward.

Next story. {yeah there's another}

Tonight at Country swing dance night. So here i am, so excited to be there. 'cause it'd been like 4.5 months since I've been. we'll start with the part of this story I didn't see happening-
3 girls ask Natalie to take their picture and hand her their camera.
Okay, now we'll go to the part I was present for.
Natalie says, "Hey, Brianna's a photographer, you can take the picture"
So i take the camera and what did I do? I point it at Natalie and Allison because I thought this was Natalie's camera. And right before I take the picture, 3 girls behind me start busting up laughing while Allison and Natalie looked at me like I was insane. So then I laughed because what else is there to do in this type of situation? And I also took their picture for them.

Allison asked me tonight if I really was a blonde. How rude!

I'm just grateful that my skin doesn't blush as easily as some.

I'll keep you posted if anything else happens.
it's been a great adventure these past few weeks.

And because I'm sure you want to know a little bit about what I do at school, here are a few pictures from today's photo classes.
Note the gas mask. intense stuff.

This makes it look more legit. 
Nicole found a frozen egg and obsessed over it for a while.

Stacey showed us this awesome way to separate egg white from the yolk.
suck it up with a plastic pop bottle!

sometimes i take this camera to a park and take pictures.

this was my group. we were using a Hasselblad {not that exact one, but it's still legit!}!! And it pretty much rocked! Anyways, we were taking color slide film images.

we use hand mixers to make crazy albumen emulsion stuff.

So, it's been a great week.

1 comment: